Bon and I are back for a Memorial Day weekend podcast as we cover scandals, Obamacare, collapsing bridges, crap-ass media and living in Tornado Country.
Give us a listen, as hopefully we'll be getting back into the podcast for you more regularly.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
- At the commencement address at the Army's West Point, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel called sexual assault a "scourge that must be stamped out."
- A federal judge has ruled against Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, finding that his office has indeed committed racial profiling of suspects based on being Latino.
- An Israeli reassessment of the Syrian civil war finds that Bashar al-Assad will remain in power "for some time", a fact that observers believe could lead to an escalation of Israeli military action.
- A big land grab by billionaires to create a bison reserve in Montana has cattle ranchers across the state riled up.
- Ohio is going after internet cafes that offer sweepstakes and electronic slots, what the state is calling "unregulated" and untaxed gambling.