Here's a quick rundown of Dems in tough races who are coming out against ending the tax cuts for the rich:
* Rep Jim Himes of Conneticut says he supports a termporary extension, because earning $250,000 annually "does not make you really rich."
* Rep Bobby Bright of Alabama came out against ending the tax cuts, because "a vast majority of my constituents that they don't believe in tax increases on anybody at this point in time."
* Rep Ron Klein of Florida wants a one year extension of the tax cuts, including those for the rich, because "right now, our top economic priority has to be job creation."
* Rep Gerry Connolly of Virginia says the tax cuts should remain because the recovery remains "fragile."
* Rep Gary Peters of Michigan wants the cuts to continue lest we "jeopardize economic recovery."
* Rep Harry Mitchell of Arizona says he "strongly" opposes letting the tax cuts lapse because "we need to encourage investment, not discourage it."
Really, guys? Way to back the party and the people on this. We can afford tax cuts for the rich, but we can't afford anything to help the rest of us. Nice.