The one thing about Memorial Day is that it's probably the one day out of the year that people of any political bent can agree on something, and that is we owe much to our men and women in uniform who died for this country.
What you think about those reasons is one thing. But the lives lost...well, it's only human to mourn them. And in the end, we're all human.
Monday, May 25, 2009
- North Korea has conducted a second successful nuclear test, causing concern around the globe.
- Fifty-one percent of Israelis said in a poll that they would support an immediate attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.
- American troops in Afghanistan have limited options to protect civilians from the Taliban.
- Canada may follow the US in passing climate change legislation.
- The U.S. Army will adopt Windows Vista and Office 2007 by the end of the year.