Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Last Call For Our Little Domestic Terrorism Problem

Last week an improvised explosive device was thrown through a window of a Minnesota Islamic Center in the Twin Cities, causing severe damage and it was only by luck that nobody was hurt or killed at the time.  It was definitely an act of domestic terror, but the Trump regime has been strangely silent on the attack.

That silence ended late Monday when regime spokesman Sebastian Gorka suggested strongly that the reason why the White House has refused to comment on the terrorism is because the White House believes it was a false flag attack in order to damage Dear Leader Trump.

The White House will not officially comment on the bombing of a Minnesota mosque because it may be a hate crime faked by a liberal, according to Trump national security adviser Sebastian Gorka
An as-of-yet unidentified individual threw a makeshift bomb through the window of a mosque in Minnesota Saturday, and Gorka was asked on MSNBC Monday if the White House will comment. Gorka said that the White House will “absolutely” comment once there is a finalized investigation into the incident. 
There’s a great rule: All initial reports are false,” Gorka said. “You have to check them and find out who the perpetrators are. We’ve had a series of crimes committed, alleged hate crimes by right wing individuals in the last six months that turned out to be prop propagated by the left. Let’s allow the local authorities to provide their assessment and then the White House will make its comments.” 
But Trump has, in the past, commented on attacks without full information, including a recent June attack in the Philippines, which may have been a robbery gone wrong. He has not been so fast to cry terrorism after the Minnesota bombing, despite the fact that Minnesota’s governor called the attack terrorism. 
Gorka is correct that there have been incidents of hate crimes in recent months that were made to look like they were perpetrated by someone other than the actual perpetrator. 
On Tuesday, the FBI accused an Israeli teen of making bomb threats to U.S. schools and Jewish community centers more than 100 times since January. The teen also allegedly sold his bomb threat services online and offered to frame people for the threats.
But as the MSNBC host pointed out, authorities can and should still condemn attacks, even if the perpetrator is in question. 
“You don’t have to make a statement about who did it but you can make a statement denouncing how terrible it is to attack a building of worship,” the host said. 
“That’s fine and I’m sure the president will do that,” Gorka responded.

But three days have passed and the president still hasn’t done that.

Nor will he.  And remember, this isn't just some random right-wing pundit making this horrible statement that an attack on a mosque is not only beneath Trump commenting on, but was in fact done to hurt Trump politically, this was said by a White House employee and adviser to Trump.

This is unconscionable in every way, and yet this is where we are in America in 2017.  We have to keep pushing to get Trump out of office before this country self-immolates.

Welcome To HateFest '17!

The largest public gathering of white supremacist Klansmen, neo-Nazi skinheads, and alt-right jackasses in decades will be this weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia as The Losers of the Civil War come together to mourn the loss of yet another of their participation trophy monuments.  We've seen these racist losers whine and moan before and they still keep losing.

Only this time around these guys will be heavily armed and spoiling for a bloody fight, and they very well may get it.

A planned demonstration by white nationalist extremists in Charlottesville, Virginia, has been described as the “largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States” by a monitoring group. 
The Unite the Right gathering of extremists protesting the removal of a Confederate-era statue will draw alt-right groups, neo-Confederates, Ku Klux Klan members and neo-Nazis, all of whom have been “emboldened by the Trump presidency,” according to nonprofit civil rights group the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). 
The extremists will be met by counter-demonstrators from left-wing and civil rights groups, including Antifa and Black Lives Matter, with Virginia state law enforcement officers equipped with riot gear to police the event alongside officers from local forces. 
Law enforcement officials believe the rally could draw thousands, according to local media reports. Congregate Charlottesville, a multi-denominational clergy group, made a July call for 1,000 clergy, especially white clergy, to attend the rally in protest, according to the Charlottesville Courier Dispatch.

According to the SPLC, Saturday’s event will be the first large-scale physical meeting by disparate white nationalist and far-right groups, who have previously been confined to extremist messaging boards, websites and social media. 
Among those expected to address the gathering are alt-right provocateur Richard Spencer, and rapper turned alt-right troll Tim Gionet, also known as "Baked Alaska," reports Vice. 
“This is the biggest rally event we’ve had this millennium,” event organizer Brad Griffin said on a recent radio showed hosted by former KKK leader David Duke. 
Racial activists “get hung up on interacting with people online,” and the racist message board culture has its drawbacks, Griffin said, creating “a lot of paranoia when people don’t know each other in real life.” 
But the Unite the Right rally will give “the movement a real world presence, which it hasn’t had in 15 years,” Griffin said.

It won't take much for this particular powder keg to blow, and should it happen things are going to go straight to hell in a heartbeat.  I'm hoping against hope that nothing happens to anyone here: the counter-protesters, the cops, and yeah, even the skinheads don't deserve to die over this idiocy.  But I'm betting that this is going to be an infamous event that we'll look back on as a milepost on our current road to hell, and that road is going to run red this weekend.

These are not well people, guys.

A Pence-ive Denial At Best

Over the weekend the NY Times ran a story on VP Mike Pence readying himself for 2020 (or sooner) should there be a vacancy in the Oval Office.  Pence couldn't wait to protest this, of course.

Vice President Mike Pence declared his loyalty to President Trump on Sunday and denounced a New York Times article suggesting that he was positioning himself to run for president in 2020 if Mr. Trump does not seek a second term. 
“Today’s article in The New York Times is disgraceful and offensive to me, my family and our entire team,” the vice president said in a statement. “The allegations in this article are categorically false and represent just the latest attempt by the media to divide this administration.” 
He added: “Whatever fake news may come our way, my entire team will continue to focus all our efforts to advance the president’s agenda and see him re-elected in 2020. Any suggestion otherwise is both laughable and absurd.” 
Danielle Rhoades Ha, a Times spokeswoman, said in response: “We are confident in the accuracy of our reporting and will let the story speak for itself.”

The problem of course is that despite his many many protestations Pence is building that campaign machine now and not in 2023, for instance.

Mr. Pence has set up a political fund-raising organization, Great America Committee, and has hosted key figures at the vice president’s mansion, like Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and representatives of Charles G. and David H. Koch, the billionaire conservative financiers. Last month, the vice president hosted Kelly and Joe Craft, coal barons from Kentucky. 
A top White House official said Sunday that there would be no reason for the vice president to prepare his own White House bid because Mr. Trump planned to run. “The president says privately and publicly often, George, that he’ll be there for seven and a half more years. So he plans on being a two-term president,” Kellyanne Conway, the president’s counselor, told George Stephanopoulos on “This Week” on ABC. “It is absolutely true that the vice president is getting ready for 2020, for re-election as vice president.” 
Mr. Stephanopoulos asked if there was any concern that Mr. Pence was running a shadow campaign. “Zero concern,” Ms. Conway said. “That is complete fiction. That is complete fabrication. And I know that his advisers who had comments attributed to them have pushed back strongly, as has the vice president. And as am I right now unequivocally.” 
She added: “Vice President Pence is a very loyal, very dutiful, but also incredibly effective vice president, and active vice president, with this president.”

Lots of screaming, but Pence isn't alone, either.  Other Republicans want a shot at 2020 and are betting on the Trump regime's disintegration.  The rats may be fleeing the sinking Trump poop cruise, but they're stealing the lifeboats while they're at it.

You're nuts if you don't think Pence will stab Trump in the front (forget the back) if the opportunity presents itself and it looks like Donny is headed for Nixon territory. He'll find plenty of GOP hands offering him the knife to do it with too, if it means they hold on the country without the baggage of Trump.

Only six months into this term and we've already got Pence plotting.  These guys won't make it, and when it blows up it's going to be spectacular.  No, I don't think Trump will be impeached, but resignation is still possible.

Don't tell me that though hasn't occurred to Mike Pence, either...that is unless he's involved in this too, and there's a pretty good chance he is.

Stay tuned.


Related Posts with Thumbnails