And for once, I mean that. Eight Blue State Republicans were the difference in passing ACES (Waxman-Markey) last night, 219-212. Eight folks who saw that the planet is headed into peril and did the right thing. Eight Republicans who are now considered to be targeted traitors to be removed by Malkinvania and the Wingers, complete with a nice little wanted poster.
Needless to say, the GOP war against itself continues unabated. It's unclear if the bill will pass in the Senate at this point, the Senate would actually have to write one (they've been busy with health care.)
Still, two week recess, then Sotomayor, health care, ACES and more this summer.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- The House passed the Waxman-Markey climate change bill with Republican help, 219-212.
- The White House has drafted an executive order allowing for indefinite detention of some Gitmo prisoners.
- A hard-line sermon from a top Iranian cleric could signal a major escalation in the continuing crackdown against dissidents.
- The FDIC seized five more failing banks, pushing this year's tally to 45 busted financial institutions.
- The passing of Michael Jackson nearly took the internet with it.