Monday, February 23, 2009

The Good Lord Helps Those Who Aren't Complete Assholes

...like Gov. Mark Sanford (SC-Douchenozzle).

On C-SPAN’s Washington Journal this morning, Sanford received a call from a Charleston resident who said he lost his job because he has been taking care of mother and sister, both of whom have serious illnesses. The caller told Sanford he is “wrong” to decline the money. “A lot of people in South Carolina are hurting. And if this money can come and help us out we need it.” In response, Sanford could offer him only his prayers:

CALLER: I hope you all are not playing politics with this. People in South Carolina are hurting. You know how unemployment rates are high right now and going up higher. We are running out of money in the unemployment bank — we need money for that, the people that need help. And I’m one of them, I can’t get no help. […]

SANFORD: Well I’d say hello to Charleston because its home and I’d say hello to this fellow this morning and say that my prayers are going to be with him and his family because it sounds like he is in an awfully tough spot.

What a guy. Prayers! I wonder if the good Governor knows anyone who would be in a position to help that caller.

You know, like whatever Democrat the voters get to replace this jackass.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails