Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last Call

I'm a bit depressed.

I honestly thought the Obama administration would be better than this. We're heading down a path here to a very nasty place.

Perhaps the damage from the previous administration is so great, all we can do is assume the crash position, but I refuse to believe that. We're America. We make the impossible work and have for 230 plus years.

I hope we get another shot at saving this economy. I worry greatly about the fact that if I had a child today what kind of world they would have in 20 years. Right nowI don't have a lot of hope. America will survive, but it's going to be a lot tougher than anyone in my generation has ever seen here in the States.

We're going to be tested pretty harshly over the next couple of years. All of us. I hope we pass, because history has shown us that empires always end badly, and economic chaos leads to war. The last time this happened it created 16 years of strife, death, and chaos from 1930-1945. America and the world changed forever.

How will we respond now?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails