Monday, August 17, 2009

She's On A Mission From God

For if the Lord calls Bachmanniac to run for President, then she shall answer that call, according to TPMDC's Eric Kleefield.
Talk about a political draft. In an interview with World Net Daily, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) was asked whether she would ever run for President -- and she replied that she would do it if God calls her to it:
"If I felt that's what the Lord was calling me to do, I would do it," she answered. "When I have sensed that the Lord is calling me to do something, I've said yes to it. But I will not seek a higher office if God is not calling me to do it. That's really my standard.

"If I am called to serve in that realm I would serve," she concluded, "but if I am not called, I wouldn't do it."
And people say God doesn't have a sense of humor.

I had no idea our political decisions were made by deities.

1 comment:

David Curtis said...

Bachmann reminds me of the Aurore character in "Delicatessen". She could hear God talk her, and she descends into mental illness. The movie's end reveals a neighbor with broadcasting equipment, and an evil sense of humor.

I'm almost ready to bet my favorite penny that Michele has a neighbor like that. Does anyone know if she lives close to that house on C street?

Related Posts with Thumbnails