Friday, September 25, 2009

Why The GOP Keeps Losing

This.

Just before the Senate Finance Committee wrapped up for the long weekend, members debated one of Sen. Jon Kyl's (R-AZ) amendments, which would strike language defining which benefits employers are required to cover.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) argued that insurers must be required to cover basic maternity care. (In several states there are no such requirements.)

"I don't need maternity care," Kyl said. "So requiring that on my insurance policy is something that I don't need and will make the policy more expensive."

Stabenow interrupted: "I think your mom probably did."

Win.

2 comments:

Demeur said...

I have a hard time watching these meetings without having the great desire to throw something through the TV screen. By that logic I shouldn't have to pay taxes for schools because I have none of school age.

Hat tip to pygalgia for sending me here.

StarStorm said...

Stabenow wins one (1) "greater than three" (<3).

That was a great line.

And welcome aboard Demeur!

Related Posts with Thumbnails