Monday, December 14, 2009

Four Starts To Be A Bit Of A Trend

Chalk up another Blue Dog Dem calling it quits, making it four as the Nashville Post reports Rep. Bart Gordon is retiring.
“I feel honored that the people of Middle Tennessee have allowed me to serve them for the past 25 years,” said Gordon. “Every decision I have made in Congress has been with their best interests in mind. I hope the people here at home feel that I have served them as well as their good advice and views have served me.
“When I was elected, I was the youngest member of the Tennessee congressional delegation; now, I’m one of the oldest. In fact, I have members of my staff who weren’t even born when I took office. That tells me it’s time for a new chapter.”
As the paper reports, this means the 2010 Census redistricting will be hairy for the Dems in Tennessee.  Blue Dogs are packing it in.  Who will replace them, Dems or Teabaggers?

Granted, this saves the Dems the trouble of primaries for Blue Dogs.  But they still have to win. And in Tennessee, that's going to be difficult.  The Dems will lose seats of course...but not as many as the GOP seems to think.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails