Monday, February 22, 2010

Here In My Truck, I Feel Safest Of All

Multiple folks reporting at this hour that Scott "Cosmo TruckNutz" Brown* will be one Republican that does plan to go around the GOP filibuster on the jobs bill.  However, with NJ Dem Frank Lautenberg still in the hospital receiving chemo, the Dems will need another Republican to cross over for the jobs bill to make it tonight.

* "Cosmo TruckNutz" is just the best name for this clown ever.  Thanks, Rumpies.  This vote's going to cost him some of his CPAC cred, I'm thinking.

[UPDATE 5:55 PM] Sen. Brown has indeed voted for cloture to prevent a GOP filibuster. I giggled.

[UPDATE 6:35 PM] Jobs Bill defeats filibuster 62-30 as Voinovich, Snowe, Collins, and...Kit Bond?!?!...join Scott Brown to allow tomorrow final vote to go ahead.

[UPDATE 6:45 PM] Ben Nelson voted against cloture.  Scott Brown.  Already a better Dem than Ben Nelson.  I love it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails