Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Mask Slips Again

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham slips and tells the truth about his own energy bill.
"I will work with the president, Democrats and Republicans to come up with an energy policy, but I'm not going to it in the middle of an oil spill when the political environment doesn't favor what I want," he told WVOC radio in South Carolina. "I'm not going to do it between now and November when the oil spill dominates the politics and headlines."
"Screw my own energy legislation!  I can't get more offshore drilling right now!  What, you thought I gave a damn about the environment?  I'm a Republican, you asshole!"

The best part is that Republicans admitting they will let their own legislation die because they were never, ever negotiating in good faith and never intended to, the reality being they will stuff the bill with the opposite of whatever the Dems are trying to do in order to scuttle it...that's not even really news anymore.

If he doesn't get 100% of exactly what he wants, he lets his own bill die and he blames the Dems.  That's GOP "negotiation" on legislation.  And Dems allow it to happen.  No wonder Congress has an approval rating somewhere down around "recreational tile grouting".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails