Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Burning The Anti-Bobblehead

Josh Marshall smells the coming backlash against new ABC's This Week host Christiane Amanpour.
I hate to say it. But anybody got a guess how long Christiane Amanpour lasts at This Week?

To be clear, I think she was an absolutely inspired choice by the ABC brass. Brilliant. But with this pushback from the right, do they have the stomach?
Doug at Balloon Juice answers "No."
I’m not sure how this ends: maybe with a heavily edited Breitbart tape, maybe with an Anti-Defamation League attack on her for saying something critical of the Israeli government, maybe ABC will just claim the ratings were no good.

We’ll see, but I’ll be surprised if she’s still on it in 2011.
I think both Doug and Josh are correct:  the Israel Lobby will collect Amanpour's head, it's only a matter of time.  Which is a shame, because she's light years better than anyone else hosting a Sunday roundtable right now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails