- Hurricane Earl will brush the NC Outer Banks before heading for New England and Cape Cod, with winds of 145 miles an hour.
- The number of illegal immigrants coming into the US has plummeted by almost two-thirds as the economy has gone south.
- California Republicans are pushing state AG and Democratic candidate for Governor Jerry Brown to defend Prop 8 or face legal action.
- The economy can't get much worse than it is right now, so falling into a recession is rather unlikely, says one analyst.
- A century ago, Thomas Edison's plan to control the motion picture industry through patents was defeated, but a similar battle may be playing out today with streaming technology.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Posted by Zandar