Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last Call

The article about the poor women in the video depressed me, so I'm ending the night on a lighter note.


PEARL, Mississippi (Reuters) – Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour freed two sisters on Friday from a state prison where they were serving life sentences for an $11 armed robbery on condition that one donate a kidney to the other.


Sure, it was a gimmick for publicity (Barbour may be considering a run in 2012).  But the two sisters, who had no prior criminal records and were the focus of many campaigns to release them from prison, get their second chance.  16 years seems long enough.


In Berlin, a baby penguin escaped from its quarters in the zoo and wandered into the lion's den.  Lucky for the cute little penguin, the cold had driven the lions into their shelter and zoo staff captured the penguin and returned it to its proper home.  I repeat, no penguins were harmed in the filming of this episode of Whew, That Was Close.


There, I feel better. I hope you do as well.



2 comments:

Rob Wolfe said...

ya know...

I would feel much better about the scott sisters being freed if it wasn't predicated on one of them agreeing to give up a kidney to the other.

This reads like a bad SF novel don't you think? I shuddered when i first read this.

Stay warm, the snow has begun here in Atlanta.

Bon said...

I do know what you mean. The end result is good, but the conditions were a little eccentric.

Related Posts with Thumbnails