Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Week's WTH

Aaaaand we start the week off early with this little slice of nonsense:

(CNN) -- No stranger to controversy, U.S. retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has come under fire for offering a push-up bikini top to young girls.  Its "Ashley" bikini -- described as "padded" and a "push-up" -- was posted on the Abercrombie Kids website earlier this week.

The company declined to comment Saturday but noted it has since updated the description of its bikini online.  The product is now being offered as a padded, "striped triangle." Bottoms are sold separately.

Sure, you know me well enough to realize this would annoy me to no end.  But for some reason, it's bothering me more than I expected.  As I get older, the way children are sexualized in some roles really grosses me out.  I don't know if I am just more aware, or if it has progressed, but this is just an automatic Bad Idea in my book.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails