Monday, May 23, 2011

Dark Tower Despair

There's a rumor that the Dark Tower series may not be making it to the big screen.

So I'll just come right out and say it.  Make the movie already or stop freaking teasing me.  I have waited for this for years, when I first saw Clint Eastwood crossing the desert in my mind's eye, chasing his fate.  I knew one day this epic series would become a movie.  So please, for the love of all that is holy, do it already.  The and you by God better get it right is silent but a hovering presence nonetheless.

I don't believe everything happens for a reason, but I think some things do.  With haunted cars and alternate universes, Stephen King made himself a household name.  He says he always thought this was the story he was meant to tell.  I agree.  I wonder if fate ensured his fame before releasing one of the most amazing adventures ever.  In my opinion (one that is shared with countless others) this is on par with a true classic.  In a century nobody will remember The Tommyknockers and Christine will be a parody.  A haunted car will be such a historic notion that one of my childhood favorites will be likened to the inventions of Edgar Allen Poe.  If anything is going to resound with readers across generations, it will be the journey of Roland.  For those of us who knew the good stuff when we saw it, please follow through and bring this to life.  Do it for King, who isn't getting any younger and deserves to see his masterpiece bloom.  A man whose imagination was light years ahead of movie special effects, King should see one of his books carry accurately over to film.  His fans are waiting, and we are growing impatient.

And you by God better get it right.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails