Monday, May 2, 2011

Lady Blunt For Sale

The coveted Lady Blunt Stradivarius is for sale.  Of all the remaining fiddles, this one is considered by many to be in the best original condition.  That's pretty major news, especially considering the proceeds will be donated.  Frankly, I'm shocked.  This violin is priceless, and all I can do is marvel and applaud the generosity that is behind this incredible act.  The cause is absolutely deserving, but I could part with the money a thousand times again before I could part with the violin.  I have been in the presence of three in my life, and I hold on to those memories greedily, because they were in terrific hands.  I pray it is played and cherished, and above all protected.

Confronted by the tragic events of the 11 March 2011 earthquake, tsunami, and resulting nuclear crisis, The Nippon Music Foundation has made an extraordinary offer to assist in the recovery efforts of their native Japan.
In a gesture of profound generosity they have decided to sell what is considered the finest violin of their collection, the ‘Lady Blunt’ Stradivarius of 1721, and have pledged the entire proceeds of the sale to The Nippon Foundation’s Northeastern Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.

Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable. What an incredible gift.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails