Sunday, May 1, 2011

Why Bon Will Never Sleep Well Again

According to climate modeling, one study suggests that brown recluse spiders could spread through North America, increasing their territory and numbers as temperatures shift higher.  Brown recluses could theoretically spread to Ohio, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, even as far east as Pennsylvania.  The spiders have a fearsome bite.  The article doesn't do it justice, believe me.  I've been fortunate but the few people I know who have been bitten have heavily scarred, occasionally cored out injuries where the venom destroyed tissue and doctors had to cut away to save as much flesh as possible.  Brown recluses are also aggressive and territorial.

Well.  So much for sleep.  There are plenty enough where I live now, the idea of having a higher population is almost more than I can bear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails