Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Milepost On The Road To Oblivion

No Col. Mustard, nobody's apologizing to you or Sarah Palin for your painfully weak pretzel logic defense of her "Paul Revere warned the British" flub.  She's still painfully dense and has little regard for facts or history.  And yet she has you performing ludicrously laughable acrobatic feats of rhetorical derring-do that somehow prove that Sarah Palin is the smartest person in the room?  I don't buy it.  Bon doesn't buy it.  Nobody does.


In fact, as pointed out at Conservatives4Palin, Revere did in fact tell the British that the colonial militias, who had been alerted, were waiting for them.  Here is the original historical text written by Revere (spelling in original, bold added):

I observed a Wood at a Small distance, & made for that. When I got there, out Started Six officers, on Horse back,and orderd me to dismount;-one of them, who appeared to have the command, examined me, where I came from,& what my Name Was? I told him. it was Revere, he asked if it was Paul? I told him yes He asked me if I was an express? I answered in the afirmative. He demanded what time I left Boston? I told him; and aded, that their troops had catched aground in passing the River, and that There would be five hundred Americans there in a short time, for I had alarmed the Country all the way up. He imediately rode towards those who stoppd us, when all five of them came down upon a full gallop; one of them, whom I afterwards found to be Major Mitchel, of the 5th Regiment, Clapped his pistol to my head, called me by name, & told me he was going to ask me some questions, & if I did not give him true answers, he would blow my brains out. He then asked me similar questions to those above. He then orderd me to mount my Horse, after searching me for arms
Palin's short statement on the video was less than clear; that sometimes happens but the part of the statement which has people screaming -- that Revere warned the British that the colonial militias were waiting -- appears to be true.


Please.  Palin screwed up, and she does it all the time.  Giving her a hard time about may not be completely fair, but attributing it to her advanced mastery of Revolutionary War history on an obscure point that even true scholars of the subject would be very hard pressed to agree with is begging the question at best, and complete bullshit at worst.  If you want to officially go on the position that Revere warned the British and that Palin is secretly a super genius of the highest intellectual order, be my guest. 

Or maybe we apply Occam's Razor and come up with Palin screwing up her history.

Points for creativity for your tortured defense of her position.  Maybe for your next trick you can prove black is white, just make sure not to get run over at the next zebra crossing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails