Thursday, June 2, 2011

Minty Fresh: Hello, Old Friends

I had just one day to appreciate this in Ubuntu before I made the move to Mint: Chromium Apps. Chromium is a great Chrome alternative, and this access to the market has taken it from great to incredible. My Blogger, Google Docs, favorite games and even access to RetroMUD can all be had from within my browser.

Evolution is available, and even works better than it did with Ubuntu.  This alternate to Microsoft Outlook has all the great tools and seems to integrate with other programs seamlessly.  My calendar and contacts are accessed by my computer at all times, so it's extremely easy to move that information into use by another system.  All my old friends were waiting for me; Empathy, Banshee, Chromium and Kjots were set up within minutes.

The move has been completely painless, and I have yet to find a single sacrifice by having done so.  My opinion is high and continues to climb.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails