Thursday, June 23, 2011

Minty Fresh: How It Compares To Others

The 2011 Linux scorecard has been released.  It compares the versions and explains their strengths and weaknesses.  It also describes what types of users may be interested in particular features.  For example, if you're like me and you update every chance a new release comes out, some versions are better choices.  Levels of experience are measured, as are bugs and (ugh) dependencies.

For the last few weeks, I have been using Mint exclusively.  I picked it up very quick, but the differences between it and Ubuntu have all been improvements from my perspective.  There are a few weaknesses, but they don't apply to my habits so I have been unaffected.

For those who do not know how to approach Linux, this is a great article to read.  Each major version is described in plain terms and aimed for newbies who need a launching point.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails