Sunday, September 11, 2011

From Birdy Legs To Baby Bumps

Yahoo Entertainment News recently ran a video showing how Angelina Jolie's weight has become a concern.  I can't tell that she looks any skinnier than before, but they quote several reasons for her weight loss.  Work, chasing six kids, a husband who is one of the hottest (and most pursued) men on the planet.

How about yokels who analyze her weight as a problem?  This video pretends that they are concerned, but the reality is it's just another excuse to dive into their private lives.



On the other side of the coin is Alyson Hannigan.  The How I Met Your Mother star was out wearing a loose-fitting outfit and led to baby bump rumors.  Unlike Angelina, Hannigan is thin but well fed, with flesh and muscle on her frame.  She went a few pounds over her target weight and was put on the spot to defend herself, which she did.

"NO, I'm not pregnant!" Hannigan Tweeted Sunday. "I just ate too much carnival food, that time of the month, hurt my back & couldn't suck my gut in, and need to do cardio!"

Men don't have to answer for their guts, especially when their gain is in the single digits.   Why in the hell should a woman be held accountable for a bit of bloat?  It happens to everyone, but the pressure to be flat and perfect at all times is insane.  It's actually a surprise that more women don't  starve to avoid stares.

I adore Alyson Hannigan, but I wish she had Tweeted: I am allowed to gain five pounds, and if I'm pregnant you will know WHEN I FEEL LIKE TALKING ABOUT IT.

But that's just me.  I will say if anyone (husband included) inquired about my weight gain or loss they would know they crossed the line (that whole fist upside the head thing is a clue).  Celebrity women are no different, in fact their feelings are more sensitive because their looks are part of the job.  Shame on those who expect them to explain their food and body choices, and then go home and snarf down mac and cheese.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails