Thursday, December 8, 2011

Year's End Business: Bon's Top Sites Of 2011

As the end of the year comes closer, I've been thinking about 2011 and all it had to offer.  My favorite holiday is New Year's, because it is a clean slate, a fresh chance to set new goals and leave failures behind.

Today's list are my top five favorite websites, and why I love them so.

5.  Thinkgeek.com- Come on, really.  T-shirts where you can pick your own theme song to play, USB microscopes and bacon-flavored gumballs?  How can so much perfection wind up on a single site?

4. Standford Online YouTube channel- From game development to introduction to physics, these full hour-long classes are actually useful.  They have little fluff and are thorough.  As a geek who likes to study for fun, I've spent many hours soaking up the knowledge.

3. Jibjab.com- I take a lot of pictures, and I get a chance to put my mother-in-law in movie trailers.  With her permission, ftw.

2.  Fark.com- News never looked so good, and the headlines are fantastic.  Some of the jokes make me laugh out loud regardless of the news it links to.

1. GrammarGirl gets my favorite site of this year.  The email subscriptions are free of junk, and give tiny little bites of grammar advice with real examples.  We all have our bad habits, and in the last year I have caught so many little mistakes and used the site for reference.

And now you have glimpsed my geeky little world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails