Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Value Of A Woman

Just what are women worth, in dollars?  I'm asking because unless it changed and I missed it, the new Kansas abortion fiasco has one small part in it that nobody is talking about.

The woman (also known as the wife and mother of the family) can't sue a doctor who withholds information from her.  However, if she dies the husband is able to collect damages on her death.  This was not the original source I used, that link is disabled.  However, when I read about it originally, that was included and the link above reads exactly as I recall.

So, what is a woman worth?  Are we worth less if we aren't young or hot?  Are we worth more if we are obedient?  We are not respected enough to have access to our own bodies, and now we must wonder if we are making decisions based on all the facts.  Explain the benefit of this, I just don't see it.

I am also surprised by the lack of response from the medical community.  They were browbeaten years ago, but basic health and common sense says this is beyond the line.  I expected clinics to take an oath to be honest with their patients.  Abortion is one subject, believing your doctor is another.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails