- The trial of Adis Medunjanin, the Bosnian-born man accused along with 2 others of a 2009 plot to detonate suicide bombs in NYC subway stations, goes to a jury today.
- Continuing protests from college students in Montreal against substantial tuition and fee hikes has forced Canada's Liberal Party to move its planned convention out of the city.
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has returned from cancer treatment in Cuba to continue his campaign as he remains in the lead for another six-year term.
- The UN's Syrian peace plan is falling apart as killings by the al-Assad regime continue and the international community begins to ask what steps must be taken next.
- A Georgia teen is suing two classmates for libel after they allegedly created a fake Facebook page to bully her with.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Posted by Zandar