- As widely expected, North Carolina voters have overwhelmingly passed a state constitutional amendment to restrict the legal recognition of a relationship to one man, one woman being married.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett will get his rematch against Gov. Scott Walker as Wisconsin Democrats selected Barrett to run against Walker in June's special recall election.
- Tea Party backed Indiana Secretary of State Richard Mourdock has easily unseated six-term Senator Richard Lugar in last night's GOP primary in the Hoosier State.
- Greece's Syriza party is vowing to form a coalition government that ends their bailout deal with the EU and could exit the euro currency to boot.
- Chinese trade restrictions on rare earth metals are not expected to be relaxed anytime soon, according to Congress.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Posted by Zandar