- Francois Hollande has officially been sworn in as President of France, the first Socialist since Mitterrand in 1995.
- Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee has issued an executive order recognizing out-of-state same-sex marriages as legal, but they remain illegal in-state.
- The National Hurricane Center plans to develop more long-range seven-day forecasts for hurricanes this storm season starting June 1.
- Italy's economy entered its third straight quarter of contraction as the country's recession continues, with the economy shrinking by 0.8% in first quarter 2012.
- Network startup LightSquared has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but the company insists its dream on a national public 4G wireless network will come true.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Posted by Zandar