- The Los Angeles Kings became the first #8 seed to win a Stanley Cup as they won their first franchise title over the heavily favored New Jersey Devils, 6-1 in Game 6.
- A new British study finds one in four women will face a recurrence of breast cancer within 10 years after originally being treated for the disease.
- A new Federal Reserve study of the middle-class found that the average household income fell 11% from 2007 to 2010.
- Fourteen-year-old Andy Zhang has become the youngest player since WWII to qualify for golf's US Open this year after golfer Paul Casey withdrew due to a shoulder injury.
- The FCC and FBI continue to battle "phone cramming" scams where illicit companies charge up to thousands of dollars on phone bills for services never delivered or even authorized.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Posted by Zandar