- Tropical Storm Debby remains stalled out over northern Florida and could drop another foot of rain on top of yesterday's deluge, bringing storm totals to over 2 feet of rain in some areas.
- Paraguay's ousted President Fernando Lugo is appealing to other South American leaders for help as the military has had Lugo impeached.
- Businesses are freely admitting uncertainly over the "fiscal cliff" of Bush tax cuts and payroll tax cuts ending Dec. 31 is affecting hiring and actually causing them to cut jobs.
- Investment ratings agency Moody's has downgraded more than two dozen Spanish banks, including scrapping a dozen banks as junk bonds.
- The endangered California Condor faces a lead poisoning epidemic, not from being shot at by hunters but by eating animals shot by them, bullet fragments and all.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Posted by Zandar