Sunday, June 17, 2012

Why Bon May Never Sleep Again: The Hairy-Legged Sequel

Victoria Jean Harrah sat down around noon Wednesday to eat a freshly grilled ham and cheese sandwich with her fiance when she decided to warm up a plate of her favorite canned ravioli.
But instead of saucy goodness, the 48-year-old Mims, Fla., woman said she got a crunchy mouthful of what she described as a hairy-legged spider tucked into a pocket of pasta.
"I spit it up…I screamed, rinsed my mouth out and I must have brushed my teeth till my teeth hurt," said Harrah, who claims to have found the surprise in a can of Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli.
By the end you want to tell her that she's overreacting.  At least, I did.  "I'm so afraid," she says.  However horrifying, surely one must grasp that this is so rare it would surely never happen again.

But I'm terrified of spiders.  I know what she means when she says she couldn't sleep after being bitten by a brown recluse.  I wasn't bitten, but I can easily freak myself out thinking about spiders, and knowing it was in my mouth would drive me to the very edge of sanity.

And now you have a story to gross out Dad with at the dinner table.  You're welcome.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails