- Coming in fourth in the 50-meter freestyle and missing the cut at the US Olympic Trials, 45-year old swimming legend Dara Torres ended her career after 12 Olympic medals.
- Wisconsin state Sen. Van Wanggaard is considering legal action over losing the election and now the recount to Democrat John Lehman with control of the state Senate at stake.
- The fleet of several C-130 cargo planes used for firefighting in Western states has been grounded after one crashed in South Dakota Monday.
- The Libor scandal involving several of the world's top banks has now claimed Barclays Bank CEO Bob Diamond, who resigned this morning under a heavy cloud.
- Microsoft will be offering Windows 7 customers an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39 once the OS launches, a deal good until the end of the year.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Posted by Zandar