- The first of what could be several members of Penn State's board of trustees members has resigned over the school's handling of convicted pedophile Jerry Sandusky.
- House Republicans have passed a $600 plus billion defense spending bill, massively exceeding the agreed to spending cap and drawing a veto threat from the White House.
- Egyptian spy master and former Mubarak Vice-President Omar Suleiman has died in the US after complications from surgery.
- Spain is getting some $15 billion to cash-strapped local governments in dire need of money to make payroll as the country's fiscal crisis chugs on.
- Despite record revenues, Microsoft posted its first ever quarterly loss yesterday, writing off the $6.2 billion acquisition of internet ad company aQuantive.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Posted by Zandar