- Golfer Rory McIlroy took the PGA Championship by 8 shots on Sunday,ending with a 13 under par 275 on Kiawah Island's Ocean course, his second consecutive major win in record-setting fashion.
- The mayor-elect and campaign manager of the Mexican city of Matehuela has been gunned down, reportedly by drug cartels, as Mexico's violent war on the cartels continues.
- Afghan security forces say they have broken up a terror attack plot on the Afghan Parliament and at least one of the country's leaders.
- Google will be cutting about 4,000 workers, most outside the US, in its Motorola mobile phone unit as it struggles to get the division back to profitability.
- Facebook and the ACLU are among the heavy hitters appealing a federal judge's decision that liking something on Facebook is not free speech.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Posted by Zandar