- India plans an ambitious launch of a Mars orbiter probe in late 2013, trying to become the first Asian country to reach the red planet.
- Chefs and foodies across the planet celebrated Julia Child's 100th birthday, as the late cooking icon was saluted by restaurants worldwide.
- Wednesday marked the day President Obama's deferment program for young undocumented immigrants went into effect, with thousands lining up in cities across the country to register.
- Facebook's stock lockup period expires today, as employees can now sell their stock on the market and many analysts warn the selloff could be sharp.
- More and more US cities and counties are turning to cameras that capture license plate numbers as "force multipliers" on stopping criminal activity, but privacy advocates are crying foul.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Posted by Zandar