- Hurricane Isaac is bringing heavy flooding to low-lying areas of Louisiana as rural levees have been breached by what could be as much as 20 inches of rain.
- Ann Romney took the stage at the GOP Convention in Tampa last night to assure America's women that her husband Mitt is the kind of person who "makes her laugh".
- A three-judge federal court panel has tossed Texas's redistricting plan as clearly in violation of the Voting Rights Act, saying it disenfranchises Latino voters.
- Astronomers have discovered a distant binary star system with two planets where the entire system revolves in a complex pattern.
- Three Star Trek fans are overwhelmed by the internet support they're getting to restore the bridge set of ST:TNG from a junkyard.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Posted by Zandar