- Flooding brought on by now Tropical Storm Isaac's slow moving torrential rains and storm surge have stranded thousands in Louisiana.
- A new study attributes the record low percentage of wages as GDP to union membership being cut in half over the last 40 years.
- Syrian President Bashar al-Asaad made a rare television appearance to rail against Syrian rebels and declare that his forces will beat back "the terrorists" attacking his regime.
- The World Health Organization is warning that more than 40% of tuberculosis cases worldwide are a drug resistant strain that could overwhelm health systems as "virtually untreatable".
- The latest sanctions to hit Iran's population? No access to World of Warcraft.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Posted by Zandar