- The Mars Curiosity rover has successfully landed in Gale Crater on the surface of the red planet, and is happily exploring the terrain.
- The recently bankrupted city of Stockton, California is running into a stiff legal challenge from a municipal bond insurance company in the Bahamas who wants its money back.
- The 2014 expansion of the Panama Canal could shift trade patterns across the globe as US ports are scrambling to expand facilities to handle super-sized container ships.
- Italian PM Mario Monti is warning of a eurozone breakup unless more aid from Germany and the ECB arrives.
- Two MIT students have created the first portable 3-D fabrication printer that stores in a metal briefcase.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Posted by Zandar