- Hurricane Ernesto has made landfall on the Mexican Yucatan, near the border with Belize, but it's expected to re-enter the Gulf of Mexico later today.
- A mentally disabled man has been executed in Texas for killing a police informant in 1992, despite testing showing the man had an IQ of just 61.
- New Zealand's Mount Tongariro volcano has erupted for the first time in over a 100 years as residents sought shelter from ash and debris.
- Famed British football club Manchester United is expecting to raise nearly $4 billion in its stock IPO this week, making it the most valuable sports franchise on Earth.
- Scientists are using wearable devices that monitor your heart rate and other biometric data in order to act as an "unhackable" key to prevent data theft.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Posted by Zandar