- Additional protests outside US embassy compounds in Cairo, Egypt and Sana'a, Yemen continued on Thursday, with crowds chanting and facing riot police.
- A federal judge has issued a permanent injunction against parts of the NDAA signed last year by President Obama, authorizing detention for "US supporters" of terror groups.
- Household incomes in 2011 dropped again and income inequality rose in the latest yearly Census survey of American incomes and poverty.
- The number of Americans without insurance declined for the first time since the Great Recession as 1.3 million Americans gained coverage last year.
- The House has reauthorized the FISA law allowing for revised warrantless wiretapping, but the bill now faces a tougher road in the Senate.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Posted by Zandar