- In Nepal, 19 people are dead after a plane's engine caught fire and crashed after takeoff from the capital of Kathmandu, killing all aboard.
- The US 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York is hearing the latest case accusing the federal Defense of Marriage Act as being unconstitutional.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu called for "clear red lines" to be drawn to stop Iran's acquisition of nuclear bomb material in a speech to the UN.
- The California filmmaker behind the controversial anti-Muslim film that sparked protests worldwide this month has been arrested for violating parole conditions for a previous bank fraud charge.
- An ACLU case against the US government has successfully forced the release of surveillance statistics against US citizens, and they are on an exponential rise.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Posted by Zandar