Friday, October 19, 2012

Attention PayPal Merchants: Limited Time To Opt Out Of New TOS Change

To be clear, the quoted statements are from a full article on LifeHacker.  I also hate PayPal, after being taken for nearly a thousand dollars in stupidity after their customer service told me my problem had been taken care of.  I will never use their service again, and the author's question says all you need to know: how do they have all the power of a bank with little to no regulation?

But I digress.  PayPal has made changes to their terms of service that restrict legal options in case their merchants feel mistreated.  You have until December 1 to send in a letter refusing to take this change and it will  be honored.  Otherwise, you and all new merchants will be bound by the new terms.

The article also has a helpful link at the bottom with a template to make sure that your letter is acceptable.

I think PayPal sucks, and I'm not alone. Making matters worse, the Consumerist found that PayPal has decided to limit your ability to take legal action against them if they cause you any trouble. Fortunately, there's a way out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails