Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Beg To Differ, Madam

A 23-year-old Texas mother who beat her daughter and glued her hands to a wall told a Dallas judge on Wednesday that she was a monster a year ago, but she has changed.
"Elizabeth Escalona is not a monster," she said of herself, according to a tweet by Dallas Morning News' crime reporter Scott Goldstein. "I want everybody to know that I'm not a monster. I love my kids. I love my babies."
Well, I hate to be the one to point out that you glued her hands to the wall and she lost skin.  I'd also not like to rehash the coma or the bleeding on the brain, or the bite marks.  No amount of counseling stops that.  You have to want to protect your children enough to take steps before it gets that far, or face the consequences.

Good people do bad things sometimes.  They don't do things so awful that a child's skin is peeled or put their kid in a coma.  Nobody is all good or all evil, but in her case the scales are indeed tipped towards monster.  Nothing less than a monster could have done such a thing.  A year doesn't bring an emotional and intellectual turnaround.  Even if it did, that little girl faced a monster that day, and this woman should pay for her actions no matter how sane and kind she's feeling now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails