- Malala Yousufzai, the 14-year-old Pakistani girl shot in the head by Taliban forces, has been flown to Britain for treatment.
- A new independent report commissioned by Britain's Parliament is urging MPs to legalize "soft drugs" like marijuana because the country's drug policy has failed.
- In Egypt, dozens of protesters were injured over the weekend during clashes with police in Cairo's Tahrir Square.
- Japan's Softbank is looking for approval to purchase a $20 billion 70% stake in Sprint Nextel, in what would be the largest foreign acquisition of a US company so far.
- Amazon will be issuing refund credit to Kindle customers as part of the class-action suit settlement with book publishers in 2013.
Monday, October 15, 2012
Posted by Zandar