- Syrian government forces say they will hold a four-day cease fire over the Eid al-Adha holiday starting today, but reserve the right to respond to any rebel "terrorist acts".
- President Obama became the first sitting President to take advantage of early voting in Illinois on Thursday, casting his ballot in Chicago.
- Two drug-sniffing dog cases will be heard by the US Supreme Court next week, raising questions about the Fourth Amendment and search and seizure laws.
- Fish caught off the coast of Japan's Fukushima region show the same level of contamination as they did a year ago, raising fresh safety concerns.
- With Windows 8 out this week, Microsoft will most likely skip any second major service pack for Windows 7.
Friday, October 26, 2012
Posted by Zandar