- UN Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon is calling for an end to violence in Gaza through a brokered peace by Egypt.
- President Obama is in Myanmar today, visiting with democracy activist and fellow Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi and praising reforms in the country.
- After years of campaigning for it, the statue of abolitionist icon Frederick Douglass will represent the District of Columbia in the Capitol Building's Statuary Hall.
- Regulators now say the size of the "shadow banking system" of derivatives and money market funds now tops some $67 trillion.
- A new University of Texas Medical Center study finds hardcore gamers are just as deft at manipulating robotic surgery tools as surgeons are.
Monday, November 19, 2012
Posted by Zandar