- The final recount in the last outstanding House race has gone to NC Democratic Rep. Mike McIntyre as he survives redistricting, meaning Democrats gained 8 House seats in 2012.
- President Obama says America needs a fiscal
cliffslope deal before Christmas as White House officials will visit Capitol Hill for more talks.
- South Carolina GOP Gov. Nikki Haley is now taking responsibility for the cyber security failures that led to a massive state computer data breach.
- The latest Bloomberg poll of economists finds the global financial picture in the best overall shape in 18 months.
- Internet radio company Pandora is finding that Congress is more interested in raising radio royalties for artists, not lowering them as Pandora is pushing for.