- Egyptian lawmakers have quickly passed a draft Constitution in response to President Morsi's assumption of powers in the interim.
- The US, Israel, and Canada are among nine countries who voted against and condemned a UN resolution overwhelmingly passed Thursday giving Palestine neutral observer status.
- Republicans are flatly rejecting the White House's latest fiscal
cliffslope offer of $600 billion in new taxes and $50 billion in job stimulus.
- Eurozone unemployment rose to a new record in October, hitting 11.7% across the 17-nation bloc.
- New data shows that as many as 20% of internet sites may sell your online information to advertisers, and more than half reserve the right to keep your data indefinitely.