- Jared Lee Loughner, the man who killed six and wounded 12 others in his attempt to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in January 2011, received seven consecutive life sentences plus 140 years on Thursday.
- Parts of New York City and neighboring New Jersey are rationing gasoline as shortages from Hurricane Sandy and this week's nor'easter continue to wreak havoc.
- As China's once-a-decade government reshuffling begins this week, President Hu Jintao is warning that government corruption is the largest threat to China's government system.
- President Obama's victory is prompting the wealthiest Americans to make a number of tax-saving financial moves before the January 1 "fiscal cliff".
- After years of planning, Australia has now formally dropped its plans to filter the country's access to the internet, calling it unworkable.
Friday, November 9, 2012
Posted by Zandar