- A federal judge has ruled that North Carolina's new "Choose Life" license plates are unconstitutional without the state making a pro-choice alternative available.
- A reprogrammed HIV virus designed to seek and destroy cancer cells has researchers excited as a young girl has been given the treatment and eliminated her terminal leukemia.
- Polls show voters want a fiscal
cliffslope deal, but that they reject both higher taxes on all Americans and cutting spending on social safety net programs.
- HSBC, Europe's largest bank, will pay nearly $2 billion to settle a money laundering probe with the US Department of Justice over transactions with sanctioned nations like Iran.
- Google avoided $2 billion in global taxes in 2011 by shifting international operations or a Bermuda tax haven.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Posted by Zandar